To purchase or ask questions about underwriting and services, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-491-2026.
$100 per hour, including a studio attendant
$75 per hour, without a studio attendant
$150 per hour for ISDN, including a studio attendant
Minimum of 1 hour rental
The KCSU production studio can be rented to record interviews, narrations, commercials, podcasts, and many other creative audio services. New clients may rent without an attendant. Current clients may rent the studio on their own after receiving written permission from our KCSU Production Director.
Our studio is of professional caliber and can sound like your favorite professional production. For the technical folks out there, we have 3 Electro-Voice RE-27 Non-Directional microphones. You may edit using Adobe Audition CS 6 or Audacity. We use Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones. You may record calls using ISDN, Skype, or landline telephone. We have two CD players in-studio. We have XLR, quarter inch, and RCA inputs to input virtually any sound into our Netwave soundboard.
$50 per hour
KCSU employees can write and produce commercials, interviews, PSAs, podcasts, book narration, and many other creative audio services. Our editing takes place after you record at KCSU, or after you send us your files to edit.
$100 per hour
KCSU DJs can come to play music at your next event! We can design playlists, take requests, and MC as well. This DJ service includes two loudspeakers, a table, microphone, and our mixer. Please inquire about more complex live sound services and we may be able to accommodate you! The rate is $100 per hour for all services including set-up, break-down, and event time. A 2-hour event typically costs $300-400.
KCSU brings two 1000-watt PA speakers to make your event bump both inside and outdoors!
Public Service Announcement
KCSU PSAs are designed for CSU or Northern Colorado listeners with the objective of raising awareness and/or changing public attitudes or behaviors toward a social issue -or- informing listeners about the mission of a non-profit community organization within our listening area. To make a PSA, your organization must follow the qualifications below. If you do qualify, get started by emailing email@example.com.
- Only official non-profits or individual community members not-seeking to generate a profit can create a PSA.
- Must be “evergreen,” meaning the PSA message must be relevant for years to come. It is not an announcement about an event or any information that changes quickly. For event based PSAs, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The majority of your PSA must raise awareness about a social issue -or- inform listeners about the mission of your local organization. The remainder of your PSA gives information about solving that issue -or- contact information for your local organization.
KCSU Media Trade
Your organization or event and KCSU trade equal amounts of publicity including underwriting announcements, print materials, and other creative media methods.
$125 per post (includes $25 Facebook or Instagram boosting charge)
Looking to reach more people? KCSU will post your ad on our official Facebook or Instagram. For an extra $25, your post can also be seen on Collegian Newspaper social media for a combine audience of more than 10,000 followers!
Bulk buys can be applied to any total buy on an underwriting. KCSU services are not offered at a discount.
- CSU Student Organizations: 50%
- Not for Profit & CSU Dept. Organizations: 20%
- All underwriting costs include basic production.
Other Great Deals!
- Spend $3,000 – $5,000: 10% off
- Spend $5,000 – $10,000: 20% off
- Spend $10,000 or more: 30% off
Air Times: We will try to honor requests for specific airing times, but reserve the right to select airtime due to technical or schedule limitations.
Underwriting Spot Content: May include business names, slogans, brands, trade names, and service listings. Cannot include price info, calls to action, or any other language stating or implying favorable comparisons to other businesses.
Show Sponsorships: Shows typically follow music, public affairs, news, or sport themes. We recommend contacting us to help pair your organization with the right show.
Public Service Announcement: KCSU PSAs are designed for CSU or Northern Colorado listeners with the objective of raising awareness and/or changing public attitudes or behaviors toward a social issue. It’s not an announcement for a product or event regardless of the mission of sponsor organization.
Mentions: A 10-second or less announcement of an organization’s services or purpose.
- To purchase or ask questions about underwriting email Christa.Reed@colostate.edu or call 970-491-2026. For services found on this page, email email@example.com.
- For the full Rocky Mountain Student Media Rate card click here or download the pdf here.
- Coverage Map of where KCSUFM broadcast reaches.