$100 per hour, including a studio attendant
$75 per hour, without a studio attendant
$150 per hour for ISDN, including a studio attendant
Minimum of 30-minute rental.
The KCSU production studio can be rented to record interviews, narrations, commercials, podcasts, and many other creative audio services. New clients may rent without an attendant. Current clients may rent the studio on their own after receiving written permission from our KCSU Production Director.
Our studio is of professional caliber, and can sound like your favorite professional production. For the technical folks out there, we have 3 Electro-Voice RE-27 Non-Directional microphones. You may edit using Adobe Audition CS 6 or Audacity. We use Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones. You may record calls using ISDN, Skype, or landline telephone. We have two CD players in-studio. We have XLR, quarter inch, and RCA inputs to input virtually any sound into our Netwave soundboard.
$50 per hour
KCSU employees can write and produce commercials, interviews, PSAs, podcasts, book narration, and many other creative audio services. Our editing takes place after you record at KCSU, or after you send us your files to edit.
$100 per hour
KCSU DJs can come play music at your next event! We can design playlists, take requests, and MC as well. This per hour fee includes the set-up and break-down of two loudspeakers, a table, microphone, and a our mixer. Please enquire about more complex live sound services and we may be able to accommodate you!
Public Service Announcement
KCSU PSAs are designed for CSU or Northern Colorado listeners with the objective of raising awareness and/or changing public attitudes or behaviors toward a social issue -or- informing listeners about the mission of a non-profit community organization within our listening area.
- The majority of your PSA must raise awareness about a social issue -or- inform listeners about the mission of your local organization.
- Less than half of your PSA must give information about solving that issue -or- information about contacting your local organization.
- Only non-profits of individual community members not seeking to generate a profit can create a PSA.
KCSU Media Trade
Your organization or event and KCSU trade equal amounts of publicity including underwriting announcements, print materials, and other creative media methods.
Bulk buys can be applied to any total buy on an underwriting. KCSU services are not offered at a discount.
- CSU Student Organizations: 50%
- Not for Profit & CSU Dept. Organizations: 20%
- All underwriting costs include basic production.
Other Great Deals!
- Spend $3,000 – $5,000: 10% off
- Spend $5,000 – $10,000: 20% off
- Spend $10,000 or more: 30% off
Air Times: We will try to honor requests for specific airing times, but reserve the right to select airtime due to technical or schedule limitations.
Underwriting Spot Content: May include business names, slogans, brands, trade names, and service listings. Cannot include price info, calls to action, or any other language stating or implying favorable comparisons to other businesses.
Show Sponsorships: Shows typically follow music, public affairs, news, or sport themes. We recommend contacting us to help pair your organization with the right show.
Public Service Announcement: KCSU PSAs are designed for CSU or Northern Colorado listeners with the objective of raising awareness and/or changing public attitudes or behaviors toward a social issue. It’s not an announcement for a product or event regardless of the mission of sponsor organization.
Mentions: A 10-second or less announcement of an organization’s services or purpose.
- For the full Rocky Mountain Student Media Rate card, go to http://advertising.collegian.com or download the pdf version here.
- Coverage Map of where KCSUFM broadcast reaches.