Episode 06: Recommendation Show #1
Through our work we are often asked to provide recommendations about books and resources so survivors can practice self-empowerment in learning more about how to heal and cope with their experience. We hope to dedicate one episode in each season to making some suggestions. Casey, Jessica, and Marie will each share some of their favorite resources.
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Yes Mean Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power edited by Jacklyn Friedman and Jessica Valenti
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk
- Speak by Laurie Hals Anderson
- “Body Sovereignty and Kids: How we cultivate a culture of consent” by Monica Rivera
- “A queer vision of Love and Marriage” by Tiq Milan and Kim Katrin Milan
We love feedback! Please reach out to us and let us know what you think about the podcast. Our email is email@example.com. For more of our content check out our website at www.wgac.colostate.edu. And if you need to talk to an advocate please call our VAT Hotline (24/7) at (970) 492-4242.